The Word of God Today

• This topic has 15 voices and 228 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    TontoTonto
    Participant

Learning To Stand

And having done all… stand. – Ephesians 6:13 NKJV

Don’t allow the conflict-free seasons of your life to lull you into a false sense of security: ‘Be vigilant… the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour’ (1Peter 5:8 NKJV).

What should we do when the Devil comes along? ‘And having done all… stand.’ Indeed, ‘… God is able to make [you] stand’ (Romans 14:4 NKJV), not in your own strength, but the strength of Jesus Christ.

By yourself you’re an easy target, but in the strength of the Lord you can stand and not give in. So today when satan shows up with his temptations, announce that you’re going to stand in Christ. Let him know you’re going to stand until the shaking stops, until the wave of loneliness passes, until your marriage is restored, until you come out of debt, until the struggle is over, until the tempter loses his power to trap or topple you. When you do the standing – God does the strengthening!

Paul said, ‘I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me’ (Philippians 4:13). Note the word ‘strengtheneth’. He won’t just strengthen you once, He’ll do it again and again.

He’ll strengthen you every time you face a difficult challenge, every time a memory comes back to torment you, every time you’re reminded of your imperfect past, every time you face a difficult situation. Drawing from God the strength you need to stand up to the enemy will take effort. It will take your praise, your prayer, your getting into His Word with an intensity you never had before. But the truth is – you can stand if you want to!

SoulFood Bible Readings: Rev 5-9, Mark 14:53-65, Ps 48, Pr 13:2-3

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

We thank you Tonto for bringing us today’s Word of God. Let’s sing about the Lord being our strength.

NdibassaNdibassa
    Participant

Tonto webale nnyo ekigambo kya Katonda
    Klibattanya tweyanza obuyimba bwoleterako

TontoTonto
    Participant

How To Move The Mountain

Say unto this mountain, be thou removed… – Mark 11:23

How can you move the mountain in your life? By:

1) Using God’s Word:
    In the wilderness satan tempted Jesus in three ways:

a) put your temporal needs ahead of your spiritual ones: ‘Turn these stones into bread’
    b) use your power for the wrong reasons: ‘Throw yourself down from the pinnacle of the temple’
    c) take the easy way, not the cross: ‘The world is yours, just submit to me.’

Each time Jesus overcame satan by saying, ‘It is written’ (Matthew 4:1-11). Your most powerful weapon is God’s Word – learn to use it!

2) Being persistent:
    Jeremiah said that God’s Word is ‘… like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces’ (Jeremiah 23:29 NKJV). Ever wonder how a hammer can hit a rock ninety-nine times, but on the one-hundredth blow it shatters?

That’s because all the previous blows kept weakening it. Live in God’s Word; keep speaking it over your situation and it will work.

3) Forgiving:
    The story is told of a pastor who asked his congregation, ‘How many of you are willing to forgive your enemies?’ Everybody was except one old guy. ‘Why not?’ the pastor asked. He replied, ‘Because I have none; I’ve outlived them all!’

After speaking about mountain-moving faith and prayer that bring results, Jesus said, ‘Whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses’ (Mark 11:25 NKJV).

Your mountain can’t be moved or your prayers answered if you’re harbouring un-forgiveness. So ask yourself, ‘Is it worth it?’ Whether you think the offender deserves forgiveness or not, for your own sake, forgive it and let it go.

SoulFood Bible Readings: Hosea 1-5, Luke 2:8-20, Ps 8, Pr 14:9-

OmumbejjaOmumbejja
    Participant

Thank you so much Tonto but i have one question with the Buganda situation even if we are willing to forgive and let go , how do we go about it if we are being punished day in day out .
    You can only forgive someone something if he/she stop doing you wrong?.
    I think our situation can only be solved if we break away and let our hearts and body’s heal first , Jukira waliwo webagamba mu Bible nti singa ogenda awantu nebatakwaniriza nengatto ozijjamu nenfuufu yonna nogikunkumulako ,ndowooza oleme kutwaala na nfuufu ejjudde obukyaayi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5hf86_hIBk&feature=PlayList

Kalibattanya i wanted to step in your shoes this time finding a suitable song which will go hand in hand with player but girlfriend…. its not that easy to find one, and I’m sure you are coming with a better one

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

The sermon is so inspirational, the song left me speechless. I don’t know about the rest of the congregation, but this is exactly what I needed at this point in time. So off I go now to make my moutains move. Thanks.

TontoTonto
    Participant

One Step At A Time

Blessed are those who have learned to… walk in the light of your presence… – Psalm 89:15 NIV

In ancient European monasteries monks walked dark corridors with candles on the toes of their shoes, giving them just enough light to see the next step. That’s how God leads us.

Educator Verdell Davis’s faith was challenged when a plane crash killed her husband of thirty years. Facing a mountain of letters, insurance forms and bills, she spread them on the table and threw a sheet over them. ‘Out of sight, out of mind,’ she thought.

She writes: ‘I knew the monster under the sheet was going to attack me if I didn’t attack it first. I sat down and cried tears of anger… frustration… loneliness.

Eventually I raised my head and said, ‘Okay, Lord. I’m a fairly bright girl. I’m going to open one envelope. If I can make sense of what’s inside I’ll open another. If not, I’m putting this sheet back… and going back to bed.’… Even that bit of levity was a little extra light for that particular step.

Back then I wanted to already know how to take care of all the details… feel confident about the monumental daily decisions I had to make… have some clue that the steps in front of me were surmountable.

I wanted the path flooded with light… yet, it was with small flickers of candle glow that God gently reminded me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness’ (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV).

The Psalmist said, ‘Blessed are those who have learned to… walk in the light of your presence’ (Psalm 89:15 NIV).

I only needed light for one envelope, one conversation, one decision, and one step at a time.’ So do you!

SoulFood Bible Readings: Hosea 11-14, Luke 2:34-40, Ps 21, Pr 14:17-20

OmumbejjaOmumbejja
    Participant

Thank you Tonto for the player and i hope this one will complete it nicely

MubiruMubiru
    Participant

Okukkiriza ly’eddagala erisinga

Okulyowa emyoyo ne Fr. Kanyike

SSANDE eno tujja kuwulira mu Vanjiri ya Mariko 5:21-43 nga Mukama waffe ayigiriza nti awali okukkiriza, obuyinza bwa Katonda tewali kibuziyiza.

Omukazi eyali alwadde ekikulukuto ng’aweddemu okusuubira nti mpozzi taliwona, naye bwe yalaba Yezu mu kibinja n’awaguza n’agenda akwata ku kyambalo kye nti waakiri ne bwe nnaakwata ku kyambalo kye nnawona. Era yawona!

Yezu yajja ku nsi si kukola byewuunyo naye okubunya Obwakabaka bwa Katonda mu mitima gy’abantu.

Awo nno buli akkiriza Katonda okufuga obulamu bwe tewandibadde ate kirala kibufuga yadde endwadde. Mukama waffe kye yava akola ekyewuunyo kino okulaga okukkiriza kw’omukyala ono eyali abonyaabonyezebwa ekikulukuto era n’amugamba nti okukkiriza kwo kwe kukuwonyezza. Okukkiriza kitegeeza okuleka Katonda okukola ky’ayagala so si ggwe ky’oyagala.

Ennaku zino tuwulira bangi abatwala okukkiriza ng’ekintu eky’okuzannyisa obuzannyisa ne beeyita abakozi b’ebyewuunyo! Oluusi batuuka n’okuyita abalwadde nti mujje wano tubasabire muwone ate n’oluusi okweranga nti bawonya!

Okukkiriza si kyangu kityo, olaba ne Paulo yennyini yasomanga nti “Mukama wange nzikiriza naye nsonyiwa obutakkiriza obundimu.”

Awo nno mukama waffe bw’asalawo okukola ekyewunyo nga kyetunawulira mu Vanjiri ayagala kututegeeza nti bwetuleka katonda n’afuga obulamu bwaffe tewali kirala kijja kutufuga yadde obulwadde. Awo nno Katonda talagirwa kukola byewuunyo nga bwetuwulira abamu nga basaba mu ngeri y’okukaka katonda awonye obulwadde bo nga bamwagala akole ate mu budde bo benyini bwebagala akoleremu! Okwo si kukkiriza wabula buba bukafiiri ng’abasamiza bwebakola. Obudde bwa katonda si bwebwaffe era n’enkola ye si yeyaffe.

Bakristu baganda bange twegendereze nnyo abalowooza nti bakozi ba byewuunyo. N’abatume bennyini bayigirizanga buyigiriza kigambo, omukama ye n’akola ky’ayagala. Tewali formula gyebakozesanga wabula kutegeeza butegeeza bantu nti bakkirize ekigambo kya Katonda bamuleke akole nga bw’ayagala. Kati ennaku zino katonda afuuse eky’okweyambisa obweyambisibwa okufuna obugagga! Okukkiriza kutegeeza kusinza katonda so si byabugagga.

Mbagaliza Sande ennungi

Published on: Saturday, 27th June, 2009

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

Amiina.
    Bannaffe mwebale nnyo Ekigambo nakayimba. Era awo kale, tutambuliraawo week endala.

TontoTonto
    Participant

Turning Stumbling Blocks Into Stepping Stones (1)

We are more than conquerors… – Romans 8:37 NKJV

How would you describe somebody who was an accomplished pianist at ten, a professional organist at eleven, had compositions published at thirteen, and was a member of the royal court musical staff at fourteen? Privileged? Born with a silver spoon in his mouth? Hardly!

Ludwig van Beethoven was a black-haired, swarthy-complexioned, pockmarked boy who endured taunts and name calling in his hometown along the Rhine River, an area of mostly blond, fair-skinned children.

His alcoholic father decided that Ludwig would support him, so he made him a slave to the keyboard. Looking back, Beethoven couldn’t recall a single moment of childhood happiness. His life was comprised of work, tears, beatings and angry tirades.

In his twenties he encountered another more insidious enemy deafness. When he could no longer play publicly he put all his energies into composing. His years of deafness were his most prolific.

Although at the time his works weren’t well received, he influenced many of the great composers like Brahms, Wagner and Schubert. Nearing death and recognising that the world had never fully understood or appreciated him and his music, he said with a smile, ‘I shall hear in heaven.’

When life knocks you down don’t stay down, bounce back! Everybody stumbles or gets knocked off their feet from time to time; the winners are just the ones who keep getting back up!

That’s what Paul meant when he said, ‘In all these things we are more than conquerors.’ If you pray and look hard enough, you’ll find the seed of good in every adversity (Genesis 50:20). The difference between winners and losers, is their ability to turn stumbling blocks into stepping stones.

SoulFood Bible Readings: Jer 7-9, Luke 3:11-20, Ps 64, Pr 14:25-28

++++++++++++

Turning Stumbling Blocks Into Stepping Stones (2)

None of these things move me… – Acts 20:24

We don’t hear much about Abraham Lincoln’s defeats because his victories were so notable. But for much of his life the odds were against him. His mother died when he was nine.

In 1832 he lost an election to the Illinois State Legislature.

In 1849 he was rejected as Commissioner of the General Land Office.

He lost Senate races in 1855 and 1858, and in between failed to win a vice-presidential nomination. However, his most painful losses were the deaths of his four-year-old and twelve-year-old sons.

Born in the backwoods of Kentucky, Lincoln had only a few months of ‘blab school’ – one without books where students repeated the teacher’s words. He taught himself mathematics, read the classics and worked on his writing and speaking skills using the Bible as his model.

His philosophy was, ‘I’ll study and prepare, and when the time comes I’ll be ready.’ He told a friend, ‘Bear in mind, your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.’ His Gettysburg Address is one of the most notable speeches in history. During the darkest days of the Civil War he said, ‘I do the very best I know how… and I mean to keep on doing it to the end.’

Paul didn’t say, ‘None of these things hurt me,’ he said, ‘None of these things move me.’ Big difference! Paul refused to let life’s problems derail him. He understood that what happens in you is more important than what happens to you. He also understood that when you look to Jesus as your role model and draw strength from Him each day, He’ll give you all that’s needed to overcome in life.

SoulFood Bible Readings: Jer 10-13, Luke 3:21-37, Ps 95, Pr 14:29-33

OmumbejjaOmumbejja
    Participant

Tonto as always we thank you for the Word of God

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DHWCWqm1YI&feature=PlayLis

Kalibattanya i’m starting to enjoy it but don’t relax yet if i hit the stumbling stone sijja nakukonkona oluggi nja ddujjiramu ku pata to come back and take over

TontoTonto
    Participant

God’s Way, Or Yours

He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their soul. – Psalm 106:15 NKJV

When you insist on wanting something that God in His wisdom is withholding, sometimes He steps back and says, ‘Okay, have it your way.’ After God brought His people through the Red Sea and delivered them from the hand of Pharaoh, we read, ‘They believed His words; they sang His praise’ (Psalm 106:12 NKJV).

That sounds good. But notice what happened next, for it happens to us: ‘They soon forgot His works; they did not wait for His counsel, but lusted exceedingly in the wilderness and tested God in the desert. And He gave them their request, but sent leanness into their soul’ (vs.13-15). Wanting our own way can lead to spiritual emptiness.

When God called Moses to deliver His people from Egypt, Moses decided to do it his own way. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew slave, but instead of consulting God he took matters into his own hands.

The Bible says, ‘He looked this way and that way, and when he saw no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand’ (Exodus 2:12 NKJV). Obviously Moses was more concerned with the opinions of people than how God felt about it. So God had to teach Moses that his orders came from Him.

After Moses dug a hole and tried to hide the work of his flesh, God allowed it to be exposed. He showed Moses that by doing things his own way he couldn’t keep a single soldier buried in the sand. Whereas, by doing things God’s way, a whole army could be buried in the depths of the Red Sea. So today, make up your mind to do it God’s way.

SoulFood Bible Readings: Jer 45-48, Luke 6:37-49, Ps 109:16-31, Pr 15:23-26

OmumbejjaOmumbejja
    Participant

Tweyanze nnyo essala yaffe Tonto
    kati gwe nziraamu nti you ‘re welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO9stHK6RMA&feature=PlayList&p=33709CF57638D9F3&index=38

tusooke tugende naako ndeeta akalala

MulongoMulongo
    Participant

Amiina

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.