The Word of God Today

• This topic has 15 voices and 228 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    TontoTonto
    Participant

Tuweeyo akayimba

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

Nakano kaakano, nako nga kasaba Mukama asonyiwe obutamanya n’obunafu bwaffe, atusaasire.

TontoTonto
    Participant

When You’re Down to Nothing; God is Up to Something (Part 1)
    Written By Robert A. Schuller

When you’re down to nothing God is up to something! That is something that is important for us to realize. I’m going to tell you a story today and I will begin by setting the stage and setting the situation. I am going to tell you of a law in the Old Testament in the fifteenth chapter of the Book of Leviticus. It reads as follows: “When a woman has a discharge of blood for many days at a time other than her monthly period she will be unclean. Any bed she lies on will be unclean and anything she sits on will be unclean. Whoever touches them will be unclean. He must wash his clothes and bathe with water and he will be unclean till evening.” (Leviticus 15: 25-27) In the book of Mark, Chapter 5 we read: “A large crowd followed and pressed around Jesus. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had. Yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus she came up behind him and touched his cloak because she thought if I just touch his clothes I’ll be healed. Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering. At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him and he turned around to the crowd and said, ‘Who touched my clothes?’ The disciples said,’You see the people crowded around you and yet you ask who touched me?’ But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and trembled in fear and told him the whole truth. He said to her, ‘Daughter your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.’

She heard about Jesus. She believed that Jesus could heal her. She acted in faith and she received her healing. It begins with the fact that she heard the word about Jesus as it started spreading around Syria and around Galilee and throughout the region. People would come from miles and miles to receive some kind of a healing and they were being healed! This woman heard about Jesus. She heard about the fact that he could possibly heal her and it was her last hope. She was down to nothing. She spent everything she had on doctors and trying to get well, but to no avail. She was down to nothing. When you’re down to nothing God is up to something! She heard about Jesus and she had a glimmer of hope.

There was a group of frogs who decided to have a race and on the race they decided they were going to climb this high tower. So the word got out that the frogs were racing and all the frogs of the whole world came to watch this amazing feat as they scaled this tower. As they started racing up the tower everyone started saying, “It’s impossible for anyone to reach the top of that tower,” and others said, “Look at them, they can’t possibly succeed; they are going to fail.” One by one they would fall and the other frogs would shout, “Oh there goes another one! We knew it couldn’t happen. It’s impossible.” One by one they all fell except for one frog that made it to the top. Having made it to the top they interviewed him. They came up to him and they said, “Where did you find the strength to get up to the top of the tower?” He said, “What? I’m sorry I can’t hear you. I’m deaf.” The frog never heard that it was impossible. He never heard that others were failing. He never heard anything except he saw his goal. He heard that they were going to have a race to the top and that’s all he heard. He didn’t hear the negative; he just saw his goal and he reached for his goal. He succeeded.

What do you hear today? When you have nothing and you are down to nothing what do you hear? Do you hear the voices that say, “You are nothing and there is no hope.” Or do you hear that there is possibly a means and a way to succeed? Can you hear that God is up to something? If you can hear that you can pull yourself out of any hole that you find yourself in today. There is nothing that is impossible with God. Absolutely nothing.

The woman heard that Jesus was around. She believed. She believed that if she could get close enough to him to touch his garment, she would be healed. Now think about that for a moment. Let me tell you about the law again. The law said: Whoever touches them will be unclean. He must wash his clothes and bathe with water and he will be unclean till evening. And what’s her plan? She’s going to go and touch him. Tell me that isn’t gutsy! She knows he is not going to touch her because he’s a rabbi he’s not going to touch her. But maybe she can touch him and maybe that will work. She believed it. St. Paul tells us in Corinthians that we live by faith and not by sight. We live by faith.

So many people say, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” If we wait to see it to believe you’re going to be waiting a long time because the sight comes to those who believe and when you believe it then you’ll see it. This past week I had the privilege of going and listening to an oilman you might be familiar with. His name is T. Boon Pickens and he calls himself an oilman and an entrepreneur and a geologist. One of the things I heard him say as he was addressing a group of about 280 people was that he has dug a lot of wells. He said not all the wells that he dug were successful. He hit a lot of dry wells, but he believed in every one. He would never dig a well that he didn’t believe in. But he said, “I hit enough of them. I hit some. But if I never believed and never dug how many would I have hit?” He would never have hit a single well if he didn’t try them.

Believe. When you believe you will see it. The woman heard, she believed and she acted. Somehow she was able to press through the crowd. It was really crowded because even the disciples couldn’t figure out what in the world he was talking about and she touched the hem of his garment. Now the hems of the garments that Jesus wore were probably not what you envision. The pictures you see that depict the dress of Christ are probably not very accurate. One of the things we know is that Jesus always wore a prayer shawl. Every conservative, orthodox Jew to this day wears the prayer shawl. That would have been one of the things that Jesus would have worn. Chances are she touched the actual tassels on his prayer shawl. The prayer shawl is called a tallith. Chances are she touched one of those four tassels. Every prayer shawl has four tassels on it. Those tassels are to remind them of the power of God reaching the four corners of the earth; having the ability to do anything. So if she can touch the tassel of his prayer shawl she could be healed. She squeezed through the crowd. She touched it.

TontoTonto
    Participant

When You’re Down to Nothing; God is Up to Something (Part 2)
    Written By Robert A. Schuller

I watched a video the other day, which was a spoof on the Tom Hanks movie, “The Castaway.” Are you familiar with that movie? In The Castaway, Tom Hanks is lost for several years. He was traveling on a FedEx plane which crashed and there are all these FedEx packages around the island. Finally Tom Hanks is rescued and there is a package he decided he was going to bring back to a woman. He brings the package to the woman and says, “I’ve been stranded on an island for all these years and I wanted to deliver your package to you. Well that’s the spoof on Tom Hanks. The video I saw shows this man walking up to this door and he has a big long beard. It looks like he has just got off the island, but he has a FedEx shirt on and he is holding a FedEx box and he hands the FedEx box to this lady. She opens it up right away and inside the box was a satellite phone, fishing hooks and fishing line and a lighter, etc., and she kept pulling things out of the box that could have made life so much more comfortable for him while he was stranded on the island.

The question I have for you is this. How many FedEx packages are sitting around your feet and you’ve never opened them? You’re down to nothing and God sends you blessings but you don’t have enough faith to open the box. Respond to the blessing that God is giving you. Inside is everything you need to give you the hope and vision, and a map to give you the direction to climb from nothing to something! She heard it. She believed it. She acted and she received it. She was healed and Jesus felt the power leave him and he whirled around and he said, “Who touched me?” Seeing the woman he said, “Your faith has made you well go in peace.”

She was healed. She was healed in every way, which then opened the door so she could go to her temple. She wasn’t able to go to her temple for twelve years. She wasn’t able to touch anyone for twelve years. She wasn’t able to embrace her husband, her children, and her grandchildren. She wasn’t able to embrace her parents, her friends. She was totally cut off from society in every way. Physically she was healed, which then healed her socially and at the same time healed her spiritually. Jesus said to her, “Go forth in peace.”

Today I encourage you to come before God in prayer. Wherever your needs are, whatever your frustrations are today just remember this: When you’re down to nothing God is up to something. As a result of that God is going to bless us in some way. We just need to open our ears and hear. Open our hearts and believe. Open our hands and act. Open our hearts and receive. Receive His blessings today. He wants to heal you spiritually, emotionally and physically. God is in the process of doing that all the time.

So I encourage you to pray. I pray for hundreds of people every week. I receive hundreds of prayer cards every week. I go online and I pray for people on our website and I can’t begin to tell you how many people are struggling financially, physically, relationally. This woman in the scripture had lost everything to doctors. She’d lost her health. She’d lost her relationships. She was lost spiritually. However, she had enough faith to simply reach out and everything changed. The same thing will be true with you. If you will reach out to Jesus in prayer everything will change. Because when you’re down to nothing God is up to something. Don’t ever forget it. Carry it with you always and remember this story.

Dear God, we thank you that you are in the process of bringing healing and hope and goodness to people’s lives today tomorrow and always. Help us to hear your message and to believe and to act accordingly so that we will receive the bounties and the blessings that you have for us. We love you, God. Amen.

© Copyright Hour of Power 2008. This message was delivered by Robert A. Schuller from the pulpit of the Crystal Cathedral and aired on the Hour of Power, August 31, 2008.

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

Tonto, tweyanzizza ekijjulo kino eky’omwooyo kyotuletedde olwaleero. Tuyimbe n’akayimba kano akagenderako.

I Believe In Jesus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d5HbddjrTU

Nakano eri abo abawulira ezijja ku mirembe, nako kakona ku byamagero ebiva mu kukkiriza.
    When You Believe

Alex KigongoAlex Kigongo
    Keymaster

Ssebo Tonto tweyanza nnyo ebigambo bino ebirungi. Nyabo Kalibattanya webale kutugabulirako buyimba. Twetaagira ddala okusaasira kungi okuva eri Katonda waffe. Amina

OmumbejjaOmumbejja
    Participant

Omukulu Tonto webale kukwaata mulimu guno kinawadda buli lwengenda wogukolera kwensokera nensooka ndiisa omwooyo gwange ekigambo kya Katonda.

Bwentyo ne mpeweeza omutima gwange oguba gunewanise olwagazibu getusanga mu bulamu obwa bulijjo tweyanze ssebo tojjanga okwo

TontoTonto
    Participant

Trusting God In The Dark (1)

If the Lord is with us, why has…this happened? – Judges 6:13 NIV

One hundred years ago Germany’s exclusive textile mills had special rooms dedicated to spinning the world’s finest lace. Each room was dark, except for the light falling from a small window onto the weaver’s work. That’s because lace is more beautiful when the weaver is in darkness and his work is in the light.

Usually God’s purposes are revealed and His power displayed, in our darkest experiences when, like Gideon, you ask, “If the Lord is with [me], why has…this happened?” (Jdg 6:13 NIV). When there seems to be no rhyme or reason, God’s promise is, “I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord…who [calls] you by name” (Isa 45:3 NIV).

Anybody can be faithful in good times, but standing “by night in the house of the Lord” (Ps 134:1 NIV) takes real commitment. Hymn writer George Matheson wrote: “Will I remain in God’s house by night…love Him in His own night…know I desire not the gift but the Giver? When I can stand in His house by night, I have accepted Him for Himself alone.”

When the Israelites faced their greatest challenge, the Red Sea, the Bible says, “All that night the Lord drove the sea back” (Ex 14:21 NIV). Be encouraged, God is working, even though you can’t see Him.

After all, how can God give us “songs in the night” (Job 35:10) if the sun always shines? Jesus said, “What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight” (Mt 10:27 NIV). It’s in life’s dark places that God shares things which strengthen you, and encourage those around you.

SoulFood Bible Readings: Rev 5-9, Mk 15:21-26, Ps 48, Pr 13:2-3

++++++++++

Trusting God In The Dark (2)

You do not realise now what I am doing, but later you will. – John 13:7 NIV

Mary and Martha were upset that Jesus didn’t come until their brother Lazarus was dead. “Lord…if you had been here, my brother would not have died” (Jn 11:21 & 32 NIV). But instead of giving them reasons, Jesus replied, “Did I not tell you…if you believed, you would see [God glorified in this?]” (Jn 11:40 NIV).

When God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac he didn’t understand, but later he witnessed God’s faithfulness when Isaac was restored to him.

Moses didn’t understand why he had to spend 40 years in the wilderness, but later when God called him to lead Israel to freedom, he got it.

Joseph didn’t know why his brothers mistreated him or why he was imprisoned unfairly, but later he saw God’s hand in everything. His father questioned why Joseph had been taken away from him, but later, looking into the face of the man who had been made governor and who’d saved the lives of the nation, God’s purposes became clear.

Just like your children don’t always think your decisions make sense, we don’t understand God’s ways. That’s why Jesus said to Mary and Martha, “You do not realise now what I am doing, but later you will” (Jn 13:7 NIV).

God doesn’t expect you to understand, but He does expect you to trust Him.

In spite of his boils, bankruptcy and bereavement Job said: “When He has tested me, I will come forth” (Job 23:10 NIV).

Is God testing you? If He is, what are you learning? Is the experience making you bitter, or making you better by causing you to draw closer to Him?

SoulFood Bible Readings: Rev 10-14, Mk 15:27-32, Ps 132:1-10, Pr 13:4-6

TontoTonto
    Participant

When There’s No Logical Explanation

[God] rides across the skies to…help us. – Deuteronomy 33:26 CEV

When Steve Anderson’s mother-in-law developed cancer, his wife flew out to see her. Steve wanted to go too, but money was tight, so he prayed and his friend Joe offered to fly him in his two-seater Cessna airplane.

Approaching their destination, they encountered thick fog, and after contacting the tower they learned that the airport was closed. The controller recommended they turn back, but fuel was low, so Steve prayed again.

Finally a voice said, “Okay, we’re readying the ground crew. Come in on emergency landing.” Then as they descended the controller shouted, “Pull it up! Pull it up!” Through a break in the fog they saw that instead of approaching the airport they were over a busy highway and had narrowly missed an overpass! The controller continued, “Listen to me and I’ll get you down,” and calmly issued instructions till they landed safely.

Picking up the radio, Joe told the tower, “We’d never have made it without you. Thanks, you saved our lives.” The controller replied, “What’re you talking about? We lost contact with you right after we told you to turn back. In fact, we were stunned when you broke through the clouds over the runway for a perfect landing!”

So, if the controller didn’t guide them in, who did? There’s no natural explanation, but on a supernatural level, “[God]…rides across the skies to…help us…He carries us in His arms!” (Deut 33:26,27).

The Psalmist wrote, “God will command His angels to protect you wherever you go” (Ps 91:11 CEV). Steve Anderson agrees, “I believe God sent an angel to bring us in safely.”

And He’ll do the same for you!

SoulFood Bible Readings: Deut 14-17, Luke 11:45-54, Ps 119:9-16, Pr 17:4-6

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

Webale nate Tonto ekigambo kya Mukama waffe ekya leero. Yeeno ddala emeere ezza amaanyi mu myooyo egibadde emiyala. Nga bulijjo kyetuva ne ssawa eno tusituka, netutendereza Katonda waffe.

TontoTonto
    Participant

The Word of God Today

In The Father’s Footsteps (Part 1)
    2 Kings 21:19-22

A child gets their first image of what God is like from their father. If that is true, what is your child’s image of God? If your child understands that God is sort of like their father, how do they describe you? Kind, loving, gentle, generous, or they see you as hush and cold and distant? How do they view you? How do they view God? The way they view you is going to be their first image of God. Sometimes that is just awesomely wonderful. But other times it is a disaster, specially if the father is a distant father. You may be even living in the household, but you are still distant. That is their image of God. He is up there yonder somewhere.
    If you are a father and you are loving and you remind them how much you love them and how much you care, then they get this wonderful idea that God is a loving father, and he is present. He is there. Though you cannot touch him, he is so real as if he were there. There is an interesting phrase that is found in the scriptures over and over again in the Kings and in the Chronicles. It is simply this; “He walked in the ways of his father and did evil in the sight of God”. Oftentimes it isn’t just a scriptural verse. It is exactly what happened.

We read in 2 Kings 21:19-22
    19Amon was twenty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned two years in Jerusalem; and his mother’s name was Meshullemeth the daughter of Haruz of Jotbah.
    20He did evil in the sight of the LORD, as Manasseh his father had done.
    21For he walked in all the way that his father had walked, and served the idols that his father had served and worshiped them.
    22So he forsook the LORD, the God of his fathers, and did not walk in the way of the LORD.

I would like to ask you twelve questions and I would also like you to ask yourself a question; “Is this true?” I would like to precede each question with this simple phrase; “If your children walked in your footsteps would this be true of them?”

So let us begin with the first question.

1. If your children walked in your footsteps; will that child find The Lord Jesus Christ early in life? Dad, you would be the strongest influence as to whether that happens or not. If they see you walking in the ways of God, the Holy Spirit will take your influence and your testimony, your actions and your attitude and sink it deep in that child’s heart. If you are that kind of father, you have already begun to express love toward your children when you walk in the ways of God and show them that this is the path of life. That God has a will for them just as he has a will for your life. Once they begin to grasp that, something will begin to work in their heart so that they too will want to know the same Christ that you know. They too will want to find out what is God’s will for my life.
    When that is absent in a home, that is, absent from a father’s influence and testimony, what you are doing is you are setting the path of destruction of your child when you leave God out. You ignore the fact that God has a will, purpose and plan for that child. Think about how children that grow up and never hear the phrase; “God has a plan for your life”. You do not just go and choose a vocation. Ask the Father and he will show you. What will they do if they follow your footsteps?

2. If you live in such a way that your children follow after you, will they live a life of faith, focused upon God for their needs and their strength daily? Will they live their life with their focus upon God, that he is the most important figure in their life? Do they understand, and are they seeing the example from their father trusting and putting his faith in God? When circumstances come up; situations when you do not know exactly what to do next, do your children see you talk to God to show you his will, purpose and plan, and how to deal with this particular situation? Do they see the example of a father who puts his faith in God? Do they see in your actions, that you are a kind of father who puts his focus on God, not upon material things?

There is nothing wrong with some material things, but that is not your focus. When they see that you are the kind of man whose relationship to God is first, they are going to want to be like their dad. You have the greatest influence and you make the greatest impact upon their life. Dad, what you have to ask is this; am I living the kind of life that my children will believe in God, trust in him, and be able to put their faith in him?
    A little boy talked about a story of a relative who had been diagnosed of cancer. This boy was concerned about that and told of how doctors had given them some bad news, and so on. The boy said that their family had been praying for this sick relative. And then the boy said that when she went to the doctor this week, they couldn’t find any cancer. Isn’t that great that God answered our prayer? Do you think that this little boy will ever forget that? Thank God for his parents who taught him to pray. It did not make any difference what else was going on. He learned that you can talk to God and God will hear you and God will answer your prayer. That is the kind of God that little boy will know the rest of his life. He will never forget that incidence.
    Sometimes certain situations and circumstances take place in our life that teach our children things that we do not even think about. I want to say this over and over again. Sometimes it is the little things you say, Dad. Sometime it is what you don’t say. Both of them, depending upon the circumstance, make an indelible impression upon them. “My dad didn’t say anything about that. He saw that, but he did not say anything about it. My dad wasn’t concerned about that at all”. Or s/he may say; “my dad was trusting God. He kept saying that we are going to trust God. God is faithful. God is trustworthy, and look what happened”. It is the little things we say, or we don’t say that make the awesome impression upon them.
    The question is this; if your children follow in your footsteps, will they be a strong believer in the Lord God? Will they believe that he answers prayers? Will they believe that he is who he says he is? Will they believe that he is faithful, trustworthy, reliable and dependable?

3. If you live in such a way that your children follow after you, will they be industrious, and have ambition? Will they seek a godly life, and set godly goals for their life? When they see you ambitious in a godly way, and that you want the best for them and the family, and you want the best for your life, that you are willing to pay the price and get things happen; that you are willing to be disciplined, that you are willing to work long hours when it is absolutely necessary, when they grow up and they hear you talk about goals that God helped you set, they are going to ask if God has any goals for them. And you can assure them that he does. Will God help them set those goals? They ask. Yes he will. Will God do the same thing for me as he is doing for you, dad? Yes he will.
    Dad what you have to ask is; how you want your children to walk, which path do you want them to take? Do you want them to waste their life frivolously on things or do you want them to discover God’s will, walk in God’s way, be ambitious, have godly desires and goals and be disciplined in it. Which way do you want your children to walk?

4. If you live in such a way that your children follow after you, will they have the wisdom to live today with tomorrow in mind, recognizing that there is a pay day some day, that there is a judgment coming? Will they realize that one day they are going to have to give an account for their life; that is, living today with tomorrow in mind?
    Here is one of the greatest traps of the devil; live today, enjoy yourself; enjoy the pleasures of the day. (Abaafa bapapa). Don’t worry about tomorrow. Forget all about tomorrow. And oftentimes that is what exactly parents do. They live their lives today, giving no thought to the fact that their actions today, their words, their behavior, their attitudes today are making an indelible impression upon their children which they are going to live with the rest of their lives – the consequences of parents’ actions today. That is a satanic trap; do not worry about tomorrow. Just enjoy the pleasures of today – because you see, there is tomorrow.

The principle is very clear, and the child can understand this. Whatever you sow today you reap tomorrow and later. We reap what we sow, more than we sow and later than we sow. Dad, mum, when you live your life for today; don’t worry about tomorrow, get yourself deeply in debts, some how you will pay off tomorrow, participating in things that you do not pay all your attention to, your children are watching very carefully – what you say and what you don’t say, how you respond and how you should respond. You cannot live your life separately from your children.

You may say; “you know, they will make up their own mind”. Let me tell you this; their making up their mind oftentimes is based on your mind; what you chose, what you did, what you said because that is the awesome power of a father. God placed you in that family in order to guide that family properly and meet their needs. When you do not do that, the consequences are the same. You cannot live an ungodly life as a father and raise godly children. They may become godly in spite of that, but it is our responsibility to be the kind of example God wants us to be.

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

Tweyanizza Tonto ebigambo ebitujjukiza obuvunayizibwa bwaffe. Mukama atuyambe tubutuukirize.

TontoTonto
    Participant

In The Father’s Footsteps (Part 2)
    2 Kings 21:19-22

5. If you live in such a way that your children follow after you, will they be good, wise stewards of their finances? Money is very important in peoples’ lives. We all have to deal with it every single day of our life. Money is an issue. We make purchases. That is how we get our food to eat, etc. When they hear you talking about money what will they hear you saying? “I just have to get more and more. I am going to do whatever is necessary to make more money. I need more money”.

They see you sometimes neglecting the family to make more money. They see you talking about situations and circumstances of doing things that are questionable in their mind that it is the right thing to do. May be it is not the right thing to do, but you sort of cover up that after all every man for himself. You teach your child that, you are in great disaster, Dad. Money is one way that God uses to test our faith, to grow our faith and to cause us to live a godly life.

The purpose of money isn’t just to meet needs, but he knows that it is such part of our lives the way we handle it. If your children walk in your ways will they find themselves deep, deeply in debt early in their lives? Will they find themselves like a slave to someone else from whom they borrow their money – whether a bank or credit card?

One afternoon, I overheard a young man talking to some of his teenager friends, saying; “my old man left me the credit card. So everything is going to be alright”. Now let me say this to this “old man” as he called him. This old man should be very wise not to give this very inconsiderate, disrespectful son any credit card. And let me say this to you. If you have the idea, Dad, that you are going to gain your children’s love by giving them everything they want, that is the devil’s lie. You do not want to give them everything they want. Would you not all understand and realize and be willing to admit; all of us have been better off when God didn’t answer some of our prayers? That he didn’t give us all the things that we liked to have.

God knows it is not very wise to give your children everything they want. God knows that it is not wise; that is why he doesn’t give us whatever we want. He knows that if we knew what he knew, we wouldn’t want all that we want. We are to practice that with our children. When they grow up, knowing how to handle money and that having enough is important, but having some things is not wise. That you learn to save, and you learn to give; you give to the Lord’s work, and you learn not just only to save but to invest something, that you do not spend it all today, that there is a life beyond today.

Will they learn how to handle money, or will they always come to you begging this and begging that? Will you be wise enough to know what to give them? Will you be wise enough to know what to withhold? Will you be wise enough to know how much to give that motivates them to do their best and to reward them when they need to be rewarded? Money is very important in the life of a child. You teach them how, with a little bit, to handle a whole lot if God provides it.

6. If you live in such a way that your children follow after you, will they make prayer a priority in their daily life; learning to commune with the Lord, learning to listen to him, learning to talk to him, trusting him to answer their prayers and recognizing that prayer is an absolutely vital part in every person’s life?

You say, how do I teach my children to pray? It is real simple, Dad. Here is how you teach them to pray. You do not need text books to learn how. You just get on your knees with them and say, let us talk to God. You start that so early in life, so that they do not even remember the first time you prayed together. When a situation comes up, you just say to them; let us talk to God about it. When you start this when they are so young, they just think that is the way to live.

It isn’t giving your child a lecture; here is what prayers is all about. All they have to do is to listen to you. Sometimes I have listened to children pray, and I know how their parents pray. Here is how they pray; “Forgive us our sins; all of us have sinned”, something like that. You do not teach your children to pray; you teach them to talk to God just as they talk to you. What you have to ask yourself is this; do my son and daughter know how to talk to God? Do they know how to listen to God? If they follow my footsteps will they know how to talk to God and to listen to him?

7. If you live in such a way that your children follow after you, will they have a hunger for the word of God that creates a desire in their heart to have an intimate relationship with him? The message that the entire world needs to hear is this word of God. Father if you want your children to read it here is how you teach them to do it. You do not send them to do it; you open it up in your household. The best way to get your children to read the Bible is at the dinner table. Bring up some question, or let them bring up some question and simply say; I wonder what God thinks about that. Let’s get the Bible and hear what he says.

One thing you want to teach your children is this: this book is God’s Instructions Manual on “how to live”. In this book, there are all answers to all life’s questions. Now, they may say, “I do not know where to look”. Instead of you saying, “well, you just come and ask me”, you say, “look in the back at that index. If you turn the index, you will find a word that you want to deal with. It will be in there somewhere. If you read and you read it and can’t understand it, then you come to me and I will help you understand it. But you must read it for yourself.

Think about this; growing up children in your home, Dad, and never take the Bible and open it with them, and then you expect them to grow up in this godless, immoral society we live in, you are just fooling yourself. It is not going to work. This is God’s book. You can’t say that, well, I leave that to the pastor. You can’t do that. If you do that, this is what you are saying to your children; “those guys interpret the Bible. We do not”. This is the most important book in your household. This is the most important book in the world; an instruction book and has all answers. When you go to church, you take the word of God with you because the pastor is going to teach out of the Bible.

Let me say this; if you go to church and the pastor doesn’t preach out of the word of God, change churches. Let me repeat that; if you go to church, and the pastor doesn’t preach out of the Bible, change churches. Secondly, if the pastor says; part of the Bible is true, and part of it is not true, change churches. Put your children under the teaching of the living word of God. Now, father, in order to do that and do not be hypocrite about it, this book has to be first in your life. It is not some sports book, not some photographic book, not some other kind of book, and especially something that has some immoral things in it. This is the most important book.

I want to ask you a question, Dad; when was the last time you with your children opened the word of God and read together? There is no excuse for not doing it, because you can read. Your children are going away in the college and listen to all this stuff that is absolutely ungodly and untrue. What recourse do they have? They will sit in the class and say; “Well, he has a PhD, and every kind of “Ds”, he must be right. It does not matter what kind of Ds he has, he is not the final word. The Bible is the final word. It is your responsibility, Dad, to teach your children to read the word of God. You say, “I am so ignorant. If they ask me questions I can not even answer”. Join the club. There is no one who has all the answers. But in the word of God, you will find the answer to that question. I ask you, do you want your child to treat the Bible the way you treat it? You have to ask yourself that question.

8. If you live in such a way that your children follow after you, will they personally seek to lead other people to Christ? Or will they hear you say, “That is the pastor’s job”. Or will they hear you at the table sitting and saying how you shared with one of your fellow employees how Jesus Christ answered your prayers? And how you told your fellow employee how he could trust Jesus Christ as his personal savior. When you tell that to your children, it says to them; “My Dad is sincere. He just doesn’t talk about Jesus Christ, he practices what he preaches”.

The more of the Bible and the more prayer becomes a part of their life; the more they are going to share what Jesus has done in their life. You build character and strength into your children; the love of God, the word of God, talking to God, listening to God. Their focus becomes God-focused. They are not going to compromise. They do not hear their dad compromising. They see him standing tall unashamed to hold the word of God, unashamed to give his testimony, unashamed to say that Christ is first in his life.

What kind of children are you raising? If they are walking, as the scripture say, in the way of their father, will they do the right thing? Or will they do the ungodly thing?

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

Tonto, tusiimye nnyo nate ebigambo bino byotubulidde. Tusabe Mukama atuyambe okulungaamya emyooyo gye emito, nokugiraga ekkibo lye erye kitangaala.

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

Tuyimbe nakano akabakyala nabaami, Mukama atuyambe tukwate olunaku lumu lumu, mu kutukiriza emirimu gyaffe.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.