BUGANDA a Nation in need of prayer

Home Forums Ababaka Discussions for Unity and Peace Ebyeddiini / Religion BUGANDA a Nation in need of prayer

• This topic has 10 voices and 21 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    TontoTonto
    Participant

Buganda is under foreign occupation by the Tutsi/Ankole armed forces.

Buganda a Nation in need of Prayer (Part 1)
    2 Chronicles 7:11-15; Matthew 18:6

It is always a good time to pray. But there are times when urgency drives us to prayer. I wonder how much time you would spend, in any given week, talking to the Father.

Think about this; he is our Sovereign God of the universe. He is all power and he is all things. He loves us unconditionally. And you would think that any intelligent child of God would spend a lot of time talking to him. But so often, we come to him as the last resort, rather than as the first choice in life. So often our prayers are a very small circle; me, myself and I, and my family and my needs and my desires in life.

And yet in the scriptures we read that God has spoken to men and women. They have cried out in prayed and God has done the most miraculous things because God loves to answer prayer. He loves to meet our needs. He has promised to do it, because he enjoys proving his faithfulness to his children.

Let me ask you this, what does it take to motivate you to pray? What has to happen in your life to get you to pray? Is it a priority in your life, or is it something you do when there is an emergency? According to the word of God in the Old Testament as well as the New Testament, God has a lot to say about prayer. What I would like us to think about is; where does prayer fit in the Buganda nation’s condition today?

Buganda is a Nation, has a Constitution as a Nation and got her independence as a Nation on the 8 October 1962. Today, Buganda is under occupation championed by a single person of the Tutsi tribe from a neighbouring country, and thus a foreigner, supported by the army of tribesmen and by others of western Ankole tribes.

Is Buganda’s situation today a matter of urgency that we have to bring before God or is it just any other kind of situation? In a few moments, you are going to realize how absolutely essential it is for the people of God to begin to pray for Buganda.

Let’s turn to 2 Chronicles 7 and I want you to look at this scripture in the perspective of how you and I fit in the life of the Buganda Nation. What can you and I do to see that things begin to be better than they are? Beginning with verse 11 we notice that Solomon, David’s son is now the king, and has finished building the house of the Lord, then God says to him:

2 Chronicles 7:11-15
    11Thus Solomon finished the house of the LORD and the king’s palace, and successfully completed all that he had planned on doing in the house of the LORD and in his palace.
    12Then the LORD appeared to Solomon at night and said to him, “I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a house of sacrifice.
    13″If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people,

(you can add on this; or if I put my people in Buganda under occupation),

14and my people who are called by my name humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
    15″Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.

I want you to see what he says upfront in this passage. He says; “If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain. I command the locust to devour the land. I send pestilence among my people”. This is a warning to us. Somebody says God will never do any of those things. Here is a statement of the Lord God that there are times when he sends those things into the life of a nation or an individual to get out attention or to bring about change. Here it is. He says, if I do it. Not just if it happens, but if I send it. He says; here is what you can expect.

And then he says, if that happens, here is what you ought to do in order to change things.

If you think about it, the conditions which you and I are facing today we can single them out and talk about (a) Buganda nation is under occupation by the Tutsi/Ankole tribes, (b) children murdering as sacrifice in Buganda (Matthew 18:6), and so many other things. What I would like to do is to give you a list of just a few issues and when you put together these issues facing Buganda today, and you look at all of them at a time, then our motivation to pray for Buganda will get stronger.

The condition of the Buganda nation today is evidence that we need to pray for God to intervene in the life of Buganda. It is one thing for us to think, this is a problem today and it will be another situation tomorrow. I want to review the situation in which Buganda is today, and if this does not motivate you to pray for Buganda, I do not think anything will. Let us take a good look at the condition of Buganda today.

Buganda Nation under occupation
    Today, Buganda is under occupation championed by a single person of the Tutsi tribe, a foreigner, supported by others of western Ankole tribes, the occupation being championed by a single person of the Tutsi tribe from a neighbouring country, and thus, a foreigner, supported by others of western Ankole tribes.

Buganda nation has a Kabaka, who presently is not even allowed to travel some parts of his kingdom. The occupying personality has made sure that resident district commissioners (RDCs) who implement his actions and local money spending in Buganda are from the (anti-Buganda) Western Uganda. Buganda is under occupation contrary to the United Nations Charter (Chapter I, Article 1, Section 2).

Buganda’s land
    Buganda nation is clearly demarcated. The occupying single personality has made it his business to transfer people (the so-called balaalo) from other regions and other neighbouring countries and giving them permanent residence on Buganda land – without Buganda’s consent. An amount of 9000 sq. ml. of Buganda land within Buganda’s borders is being misappropriated and given away to the so-called investors – without Buganda’s consent. This is because a single (or few) greedy men are selling this Buganda land and unless something is done, they are going to walk away with a lot of money that belongs to God’s people, the people of Buganda.

Kabaka’s freedom
    The Kabaka of Buganda is being restricted in his movements within his kingdom. This is so, just like the Kabaka was a prisoner in his own kingdom.

Buganda’s Kampala City
    Kampala a city in Buganda was ridiculously declared as outside of Buganda. This city is now being deliberately destroyed. The infrastructure in Kampala and Buganda is being strategically destroyed, leading to almost daily accidents and loss of life in Buganda.

Children murder as sacrifice
    The Baganda children between 1 – 12 years are being abducted and murdered. This is an effort to destroy Buganda from grassroots. This murder of baganda children is being explained away as sacrifice by individuals in order to be rich. The truth is, baganda children murder is a strategy by the occupying force, to destroy Buganda nation.

Let us for a moment read in Matthew 18:6 and understand what the Lord Jesus Christ says about little children.

6but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Burning of Schools only in Buganda
    A big number of boarding and day children schools have been burnt in recent times, in Buganda only. One of the most recent cases is that of Budo Junior Girls School, where 25 girls between the ages of 10-15 years old were burnt to death. The school was deliberately spread with thinner, a very highly inflammable liquid, and set ablaze.

Senga
    You might think that the column of Senga in Bukedde, a luganda government newspaper, is an advisory forum. Any beneficial project in Buganda must be shut down. An example of Greenland Bank will suffice. Anything else left running in Buganda is necessarily for the purpose destroying Buganda. The purpose of Senga forum is to corrupt the minds of Buganda’s young boys and girls.

The process is to make up non-existing characters and publish prostitute-like stories only in this luganda newspaper, and thereby corrupting the mind of baganda young men and women who read these stories. The result so far is increased cases of HIV in Buganda. Senga is guilty of aiding the increase of HIV in this nation. You do not find such columns in other local languages newspapers such as Orumuri, etc.

Moral degeneration
    The results of such publications are inevitable. Today in Buganda, you find immoral things like “ekimansulo”. This kind of behavior certainly annoys God.

Murder of Baganda adults
    Almost everyday, you read in the newspapers of people being murdered mysteriously only in Buganda. The purpose remains the same, to depopulate Buganda and ultimately destroy it.

Unemployment in Buganda
    Many young graduates men can be found employed as bodaboda drivers, that is, driving a motor cycle taxi. Unemployment in Buganda is extreme. All jobs are offered to the occupying force tribes, the westerners, and Tutsis.

Think about the people within and around that Buganda has helped. Buganda has allowed these people to settle in this nation. They got their education, and employment in Buganda. And now, they have turned against the nation that helped them in the first place. They still hate Buganda and they would like to destroy us. They have in mind to destroy this Buganda nation of ours. What is their reason? Some of the reasons could be jealousy – there can be others of course.

Think about the denial of the freedom of our speech, which is a guarantee in our constitution. Whenever Buganda talks about the ill-treatment that we are subjected to, this is considered as “tribalism”. You can mark this down. You can look back in history. Every nation that has fallen to tyranny, despots, those who become dictators, the first thing they started doing was silencing those who wanted to speak the truth. This is already subjected to the Buganda.

There is something about freedom of speech. It is a threat to despots, to those who want to destroy nations and civilization. The Central Broadcasting Service (CBS), Buganda’s radio service, has been literally restricted to broadcasting only what is pleasing to the one Tutsi person, a foreigner who is holding Buganda under occupation.

Think about the hundreds and hundreds of balaalo and other illegal immigrants who have been forced up on the Buganda Nation, by this single person holding us under occupation. Think about the Buganda citizens who are removed from their land where they have lived for centuries, and are replaced by these balaalos.

I want us to take about three minutes daily and individually, and cry out to God to send us a great awakening that will change the direction of Buganda out of the foreign occupation. Today Buganda is under occupation by Tutsi/Ankole armed forces. Let us pray quietly. You can pray anyhow you want to pray individually, but that is what we are praying for. We are praying for Buganda to be saved from the foreign occupation.

Father we humble ourselves before you and acknowledge that we need you desperately. We do not have any answers nor do we have the power to rid Buganda out of the foreign occupation by Tutsi/Ankole armed forces.

You have the answers. You have the power. You have the willingness. You have the love. You know exactly how to answer our prayer. Thank you for hearing us as we pray this prayer. We pray, dear God, that each of us will commit ourselves to you to begin to pray every morning and every evening for Buganda and our Kabaka. (We can pray about other things, but we make Buganda a priority within our prayer). Lord, just begin that awesome awakening that will save Buganda from destruction by the foreign occupation. We ask in faith in Jesus’ name. Amen.

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

Buganda is need of all of us it’s people, and the first and most important thing we can do doesn’t even take us out of our homes. A prayer. To just get down and tell Our Father about our plight.

TontoTonto
    Participant

Buganda is under foreign occupation by the Tutsi/Ankole armed forces.

Buganda a Nation in need of Prayer (Part 2)
    Deuteronomy 8:1, 6, 11-14, 17-20; 2 Chronicle 7:19-22; Matthew 18:1-6

How do we respond?
    What we have to ask is, how do we respond? We are not going to sit and tell these occupation foreigners, that here is what we want you to do. I have just named for you only a few things that are going on in Buganda and perpetuated by this person who is the head of the occupation strategy. And every single one of these things listed and others affects you and me. I think we all agree that we need God to intervene in the life of Buganda because Buganda is being pushed into destruction.

We have now come to the level in Buganda that God must act. He must act. He will act because is a righteous holy God. There is only so much that he puts up with then his judgment comes. Remember what we just read in the beginning; “If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people”. Look at all the things that are going on in Buganda. I am just asking you a question; what is our hope apart from the intervention of God?

Let us read Deuteronomy 8 in which I want you to see who this God is you and I serve. He does not overlook nor excuse sin. He loves us, and while he loves us, he is going to judge wickedness. This is why the people of God are so important in a nation, no matter what nation it is.

Deuteronomy 8:1, 6, 11-14, 17-20
    1″All the commandments that I am commanding you today you shall be careful to do, that you may live and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the LORD swore to give to your forefathers.
    6″Therefore, you shall keep the commandments of the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to fear Him.
    11″Beware that you do not forget the LORD your God by not keeping His commandments and His ordinances and His statutes which I am commanding you today;
    12otherwise, when you have eaten and are satisfied, and have built good houses and lived in them, 13and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and gold multiply, and all that you have multiplies,
    14then your heart will become proud and you will forget the LORD your God who brought you out from the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

(and out of occupation under the Tutsi and Ankole tribes)

17″Otherwise, you may say in your heart, ‘My power and the strength of my hand made me this wealth.’
    18″But you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
    19″It shall come about if you ever forget the LORD your God and go after other gods and serve them and worship them, I testify against you today that you will surely perish.
    20″Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so you shall perish; because you would not listen to the voice of the LORD your God

What I want you to see is what he says. He says; “like the nations that the LORD makes to perish”. God warns us about judgment. Does he involve himself in the judgment upon a nation? Yes he does. What we have to ask ourselves, in light of that, what shall we do?

Let us go back to 2 Chronicle 7:19-22
    19″But if you turn away and forsake my statutes and my commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other gods and worship them,
    20then I will uproot you from my land which I have given you, and this house which I have consecrated for my name I will cast out of my sight and I will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples.
    21″As for this house, which was exalted, everyone who passes by it will be astonished and say, ‘Why has the LORD done thus to this land and to this house?’
    22″And they will say, ‘Because they forsook the LORD, the God of their fathers who brought them from the land of Egypt, and they adopted other gods and worshiped them and served them; therefore He has brought all this adversity on them.'”

Think about this. If God allows Buganda to come to great destruction what do you think other tribes around Buganda will say? Here is what they will say. What happened to Buganda?

Those people say they believe in one God, and they talk about this man Jesus Christ. They were so progressive in every way. The capital city, known as Kampala City, was in Buganda. The complete administration machinery for all the tribes around was located in Buganda. The people in Buganda had so much more than in other tribes. What happened to them?

Think about the so many “saved” churches in Buganda, in Kampala. To you I say, wake up and pray to God to intervene in the life of Buganda. Wake up and boldly condemn the sacrificing of children in Buganda?

What does God say about those who mistreat (or sacrifice) children as is the case in Buganda? The scriptures say, in Matthew 18:1-6;

1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, 3and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4″Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5″And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me;

And listen what he says. He gives a very stun warning to those who hinder or in some way, harm or kill (or sacrifice) little children. He says in verse 6 –

6but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Here is what Jesus was saying. Anyone who hinders or disables a little child in some fashion, that person is worthy of having a millstone hanged around their neck and drowned at the depth of the sea. Jesus says; “Drown them”. And these are the children being sacrificed almost daily in Buganda and others are burnt in Schools. Example of Buddo Junior Girls School.

And as the scripture says Buganda will be a proverb and a by-word. Buganda will be a symbol of those who departed from their God.

God will allow nations to go through one trial after the other and one devastation after the other. He allowed Buganda to be under Tutsi/Ankole foreign Occupation. Buganda was one of the most blessed and advanced nation in Africa south of the Sahara apart from South Africa. But I have just named you a few issues that are going on in this country which are working against every single person and every family in the life Buganda.

The People of God must wake up.
    Somebody says, ‘what can we do about it?’ Here is what God says you and I can do about it. The reason why I listed the above few issues (in Part 1) is that people do not stop to think what is going on. They pick one or two things that concern them the most.

I listed 10, and there are others; things that affect you, have affected you all this week and will affect you next week and next year, unless God does something in the life of Buganda. The people of God must wake up and begin to realize that we have a personal responsibility to do something about what is going on in this nation.

God cannot still be God and ignore the sinfulness and wickedness and the diabolical rebellion against him and his laws and the plans of those Tutsi/Ankoles foreigners who are occupying Buganda and are trying to rid Buganda of God and religion, doing their best to rid this whole Buganda nation any form of religion so that it becomes an atheist nation.

If God’s people do not stand up, we will suffer the consequences as well as the other people who are citizens of Buganda, including the Tutsi/Ankole foreigners now occupying Buganda.

It is time for the people God to wake up and realize that the wicked occupying Buganda do not have any future in Buganda. They have no answers for Buganda’s life. They are not Buganda citizens. They are foreigners in Buganda. It is a foreign occupation.

We are in a critical state in Buganda. The people of God must wake up and listen to what God says.

I want us to take about three minutes daily and individually, and cry out to God to send us a great awakening that will change the direction of Buganda out of the foreign occupation. Today Buganda is under occupation by Tutsi/Ankole armed forces. Let us pray quietly. You can pray anyhow you want to pray individually, but that is what we are praying for. We are praying for Buganda to be saved from the foreign occupation.

Father we humble ourselves before you and acknowledge that we need you desperately. We do not have any answers nor do we have the power to rid Buganda out of the foreign occupation by Tutsi/Ankole armed forces.

You have the answers. You have the power. You have the willingness. You have the love. You know exactly how to answer our prayer. Thank you for hearing us as we pray this prayer. We pray, dear God, that each of us will commit ourselves to you to begin to pray every morning and every evening for Buganda and our Kabaka. (We can pray about other things, but we make Buganda a priority within our prayer). Lord, just begin that awesome awakening that will save Buganda from destruction by the foreign occupation. We ask in faith in Jesus’ name. Amen.

MulongoMulongo
    Participant

Tukwegayirira Kitaffe owomuggulu owe emirembe gyonna, mu linnya lyo mwana wo Yesu Kristo Omulokozi waffe. Amiina.

OmumbejjaOmumbejja
    Participant

Tonto tukwebaza olwekigambo kya Katonda kyotuwadde era twegayirira Mukama waffe addukirire Nyaffe Buganda mu kayisanyo kerimu .
    Karibattannya tweyanza omulimu gwo

MusajjalumbwaMusajjalumbwa
    Participant

Amiina.

Justus ZaguduJustus Zagudu
    Participant

Amen. (whispers: Choir mistress, what happened to the song?)

OmumbejjaOmumbejja
    Participant

Amen (whisper owange ndowooza tukyayimba ziri nga bwanoonya endala ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

Tweyanzizza nnyo Tonto ebigambo bino ne essaala eri Kitaffe ku lwa nyaffe Buganda. Era ku yo katwongereko ne ssaala ya Mukama waffe.

TontoTonto
    Participant

Buganda a Nation in need of prayer (Part 3)
    2 Chronicles 7:11-152; Proverbs 16:18; Proverbs 29:23; Job 35:12-13; Psalm 34:15-19;

There are people who say that the scripture mentioned above which says; “when my people call up on me and humble themselves and pray and seek my face…” (2 Chronicles 7:11-15), is all about Israel. Let me say this; there is a difference between an idea and a principle.

Here is the difference. The difference really is between two things; my preferences and my principles. All of us have preferences and principles. When I operate on the basis of preference, I may say, “this is what I want today. This will make me feel the best today. Or, this will satisfy me today”. A principle says, “That doesn’t fit my life, or it does”.

You can take this passage (2 Chronicles 7:11-15), and say that it belongs to the nation of Israel. What about this: “Whatever man sows he reaps; what he sows, more than he sows, later than he sows. That is a principle of God that absolutely cannot be changed. When Jesus said, for example, two men decided to build a house. One of them decided to build his house upon a solid rock. Winds came, rains came, floods came, the house stood firm because it was built on a firm rock.

Another man built his house on the sand. The same kind of storms came and blew the house away. Then Jesus said; foolish men build their lives on sand. Godly wise men build their homes on rocks. Here is what I want you to see. The principles of God are the ‘rock’. The ungodly or supposing Christians who live by preferences rather than by principle; we are in a mess and causing Buganda to be in a mess because people in places of leadership have decided to go by preference. “It will be better for me if I do this”. “It will certainly be more profitable if I do this”. “People will like me better if I do this”. “People will do what I want if I do this”. “I will probably get re-elected if I do this”.

What is a principle? A principle is what is right and godly and what the word of God says. Think about history in olden times when people got in a difficult situation what did they do? Somebody would call for prayer and they cried out to God to give them answers. I am wondering, and I would say this, of all the people we have who represent us in authority in Parliament and in Buganda, is there not somebody up there who should say; “wait just a minute. Why don’t we cry out to the Almighty God to give us a divine solution to the situation facing Buganda today?

Now most of them will say that we can’t do this. Yes you can. If you have the courage to do it, you can do it. There is nothing wrong with prayer. Don’t you think it is time to pray today, when many people are losing their life, losing their children, losing their relatives, losing their land, losing their money, losing their future and when there are so many things going on that affect every single family in Buganda today?

God’s Answer
    What is God’s answer? Here is God’s answer. Here is what he says. In 2 Chronicles 7:14 he says: If I shut these things up and shut them down…

14and my people who are called by my name humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

So what are the conditions upon which God will hear and help us through these difficult times? We apply this passage (2 Chronicle 7:11-15) because it is a passage of principle not preference. It is like any other principles in the scripture.

First of all he says “if my people…” Who is that? Someone says that was just Israel. It was Israel in those days, but it is the church today. Do we not call God our Heavenly Father? Does he not say that we are the sons and daughters of the living God and that we are in the family of God? We are the people of God today. Jesus Christ the Father’s son is our Savior, Lord and Master.

If my people, he says, humble themselves; now what does he mean by that? To humble ourselves means that you and I are willing to acknowledge that we are absolutely and totally dependent upon him. Not many people want to express that. Many people in places of authority think that this is a sign of weakness. It is a sign of wisdom, not weakness. Let us look at some scriptures, starting with Proverbs 16.

Proverbs 16:18
    18Pride goes before destruction, (not a little accident, not a little sickness, not a little misfortune but destruction) and a haughty spirit before stumbling. 19It is better to be humble in spirit with the lowly than to divide the spoil with the proud.

We continue with another warning in Proverbs 29:23

23A man’s pride will bring him low, but a humble spirit will obtain honor.

Let us look at Job 35:12-13
    12″There they cry out, but He does not answer because of the pride of evil men.
    13″Surely God will not listen to an empty cry, nor will the Almighty regard it.

God wants us to cry out to him. He wants us to pray to him. He says “If my people who are called by my name humble themselves and pray”. There are situations and circumstances in life that all of us have faced already that we couldn’t do anything about. We had to cry out to God. We had to ask for God’s help. Where there is a spirit of pride, it says, “I can handle it”, “I will make it”, “Ignore God”, “We will work it out”.

There are many people in Buganda who believe that no matter what is going on, Buganda has always survived. We will work it out. We will make it. Notice this. If you take your calendar and go all the way back to the times of Obote in the 60s and see what has happen all along, Buganda needs God more than ever before.

We need God’s intervention. Can God settle issues? Can he redeem Buganda? Yes he can. “If my people called by my name humble themselves and pray” and acknowledge that we desperately need God to intervene in the life of Buganda.

Notice what he says. “Humble themselves and pray”. Ask yourself this question; who is in the circle of your prayer? Your wife, your husband, your children, your mother, your father, your relatives, or maybe some body you work with, your best friends. What about outside of that?

When was the last time you prayed for God to send revival to Buganda? When was the last time you prayed for God to do something different for Buganda? When was the last time you prayed for God to clean up the filth, corruption and rottenness in Buganda? Too much of our prayer is about me, myself and I and my little circle that I am more concerned about.

It is time for God’s people to broaden the circle of their prayer to include Buganda because all of us either prosper or we suffer as a result of the direction which Buganda faces today. Paul said to Timothy that it is our responsibility to pray for those in places of authority over us. There are so many people in places of authority and are holding Buganda under foreign occupation. We should pray for them.

We do not like the things going on under foreign occupation. We do not like their attitude. What we must do is to pray for God to change all that. If we do not like it, we pray for God to change it. He says he will. “If my people who are called by my name humble themselves and pray…”

A lot of people think that they are praying when they are just talking to God. There are times when prayer needs to be stronger than that. Not just saying “Lord here is what I am thinking”, but talking to Father as one who is hearing you, loves you, concerned about you, desires to meet the needs of your life, and desires to hear your prayers for others as well.

Thinking about crying out to God, let us read in Psalm 34 one of the passages where we find David going through the difficulties and hardships he went through, and chased by Saul trying to kill him.

Psalm 34:15-19
    15The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous and His ears are open to their cry.
    16The face of the LORD is against evildoers, to cut off the memory of them from the earth.
    17The righteous cry, and the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
    18The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
    19Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.

God wants us to cry out to him. What do I mean by that? I simply mean this; that our heart becomes broken. We sense the desperate need of Buganda. Crying out to him is not some whisper. It isn’t something we fabricate. It is the burden of our heart.

For example, if your son or your daughter were lying in a hospital bed, and they say he may or may not live through it, would you say; oh Lord, bless him? No, you wouldn’t. You would be crying out to God. Oh God save my son. Please give him his life.

What motivates people to cry out to God? It is difficulty, hardship, pain, and awareness of their impossible circumstances. No one or a group of people have the answer of the things we face today in Buganda. Unless God does something awesome in this nation, we are headed for desperate trouble like we have never seen before. And after mentioning these few issues above facing Buganda, if that doesn’t awaken people, tell me what will.

There is not one of them we can fix. It is happening and getting worse and worse and worse. Mothers are uncomfortable leaving their young daughters with their fathers alone; for fear that the father might rape his daughter. Our security is getting less and less. And who is doing what about it?

“If my people called by my name humble themselves and pray (crying out to God)…” Now look what he says. “…and turn from their wicked ways”. Somebody says “I am not wicked”. How do you define ‘wicked’? “That is murder, adultery…”

Let me tell you something. Deliberate, willful rebellion and willful disobedience to Almighty God in any form is wickedness because God is holy. It isn’t that God is against us. God is for us. He wants the best for us. We are his children.

When we suffer, God feels that. When we are under foreign occupation by the Tutsi/Ankole armed forces, and Buganda children are murdered, sacrificed, raped, and when people hurt and hindered as a result, God feels that.

God hates evil and wickedness
    God hates evil and wickedness. Wickedness is the deliberate, willful rebellion, disobedience to God and sin in whatever form it may be. And he says “if we turn from it…” You say, “I do sin at times, is that wicked?” That is up to you to decide. Let me say this. We are responsible to God. He has conditioned his hearing our petition depending on the condition of our heart.

He says he hears the cries of the righteous. Not perfect people, but the righteous; those who are committed to him, those whose hearts are bent towards him, those who love him and desire the best, and want his will, his purpose and plan for their life. He hears our cry.

He says he will hear our cry. But there must be repentance of sin. When he says “turn from their wicked ways”, it refers to the way we are going. We have got to turn around and go the other direction. You know what ‘repentance’ means in your life. If God has convicted you of something and you know that you are convicted of it, and you say, God, I confess that. Confession is not enough.

Confession simply means that I am in agreement with God about what he ways. Repentance means that I am not only in agreement with what he says, but I turn around and I am not going to allow that in my life any more. It doesn’t fit who I am. It is not pleasing to God. Therefore I genuinely repent of my sin.

We have all done this at some time in our life, I am sure. You can confess today, and confess tomorrow, and confess the next day and so on. Many people think they have thereby dealt with sin. We have not dealt with sin until confession is followed by a deliberate, willful turning away from that sin, and recommitment of our life to Jesus Christ.

He says the prayers that I am going to hear are from people who have repented of their sin, and repent, and repent and repent. It doesn’t mean we are going to repent one time. We are humans; we have that nature within us we have to deal with. But we have to deal with it and not just confess it. Confess it means we are agreeing with God about the nature of that sin. If we truly agree with him about it, there will be genuine repentance.

He says, “Turn from their wicked ways”, and here is what will happen. He says he is making three promises. He says three things will happen.

(1) I will hear from heaven
    (2) I will forgive their sin
    (3) I will heal their land.
    I will hear, I will forgive and I will heal. I am fully persuaded that if enough people of God who claim by the name of Jesus Christ to be saved by the grace of God; if enough of us begin to cry out to God to change the direction of Buganda, change whatever is necessary, beginning within ourselves, will God hear our prayer and free Buganda from foreign occupation by the Tutsi/Ankole armed forces? YES. He will.

How many does it take? I do not know. I just want to be sure that you and I are one of them. Cry out to God to free Buganda. How many Born Again or Saved people are in Buganda? God says I will hear the prayers of the righteous. I will forgive their sin. And I will heal their land. What you and I have to decide is this: (1) Do I believe it? (2) Am I will to be a part of God freeing and changing the direction of Buganda?

There is not a single Christian who can look around and deny that we are under foreign occupation by Tutsi/Ankole armed forces. Every where you look in Buganda, it is filled with Ankole and Tutsi people. In all government departments, in all private and what is left of public companies, in all the streets, in all the cities, it is only Tutsi and Ankole people of the western tribes. Buganda is going down and down spiritually.

Here is the issue. Do you love Buganda? Do you love your freedom? Freedom is precious. It has cost many boys and girls, men and women in Buganda their lives.

Think about those few people who are doing their best to destroy Buganda. Those who are trying to rid Buganda of God and keep Buganda under foreign occupation will become a byword to the rest of the world. It is time for God’s people to get serious.

I want to challenge you today. Starting today, before you go to bed tonight, spend some time praying for Buganda. Forget yourself for a few moments and cry out to God for Buganda, now under foreign occupation.

Read the passage of scripture back to him. Say, God here is what you said. I believe what you said. You have got to be true to your word, God. And he always is. Are you too proud to get on your knees and humble yourself to the Almighty God?

Father, we humble ourselves before you and acknowledge that we need you desperately. We do not have any answers nor do we have the power to rid Buganda out of the foreign occupation by Tutsi/Ankole armed forces.

You have the answers. You have the power. You have the willingness. You have the love. You know exactly how to answer our prayer. Thank you for hearing us as we pray this prayer. We pray, dear God, that each of us will commit ourselves to you to begin to pray every morning and every evening for Buganda and our Kabaka. (We can pray about other things, but we make Buganda a priority within our prayer).

Lord, just begin that awesome awakening that will save Buganda from destruction by the foreign occupation. We ask in faith in Jesus’ name. Amen.

KalibattanyaKalibattanya
    Participant

Tumwebaze Tonto olwo bubaka buno bwatuletedde. Tujjukire obuyimba buno tuyimbeko kati, ne wonna wetubeera. Nga tujjukira ebigambo bino okubigamba Mukama waffe nga omulwadde bwajjukira okutwaala eddagala lye.

I Need The Every hour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iI0XbSU-cI

Father Can you Hear Me

TontoTonto
    Participant

Yes. We need God.
    Thank you, Kaliba, for such relevant music.
    God bless you.

TontoTonto
    Participant

David and Goliath (or Goliathes)

Is Buganda facing one Goliath or several of them? In almost all situations you are faced with more than what seems to be only a single problem. In attempting to solve the problem, be ready to solve more than one.

The most difficult point is when you know you have finally dealt the final blow to your enemy, you are tired, the resources are depleted, when another Goliath shows up to continue the battle.

This is the reason why David picked five stones when he was going to battle it out with Goliath. Not because David did not have enough faith in God who would ultimately deliver him.

David said; “the God who delivered lions and bears in my hand, will also deliver Goliath this day”. David had faith that one stone would be enough for this Goliath.

Problem was, there were five Goliathes in all. You remember (in Numbers 13) when Moses sent spies to find out about the land they were about to enherit? The spies came back with the report, among others, as we read:

Numbers 13:31,33
    “31 But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are. All the people we saw there, are of great size.
    33 We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them”.

These people of Nephilim were giants, and Goliath was one of the Nephilim warriors.

At the time of this particular war, there were five of them, who could be involved in the war. When David picked the five stones, he was getting ready in case the rest of the Goliathes might decide to reinforce the fronting Goliath.

Today Buganda is under foreign occupation reinforced by Tutsi/Ankole armed forces. It is a battle of David and Goliath (or Goliathes).

Like David, Buganda has no guns and the Goliathes now occupying Buganda are boasting of their guns.

Buganda must place her trust in God to conquor the foreign occupation force.

All the present and past Goliathes started with promising fundamental change. And they really won baganda hearts. They knew the trick. A former Goliath Obote put on an act of great respect. He actually went to Lubiri and knelt down before the Kabaka.

Buganda must place her trust in God to conquor this foreign occupation force headed by Tutsi/Ankole armed forces.

Alex KigongoAlex Kigongo
    Keymaster

Amiina.

EfulansiEfulansi
    Participant

Amen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.