Tuweeyo Ku Ssaala

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MulongoMulongo
    Participant

seren.jpg

The Serenity Prayer
    God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next.
    Amen.

–Reinhold Niebuhr

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6
    seren.jpg

MulongoMulongo
    Participant

St. Michel’s prayer

Dear God,
    Please send clothes for all those poor ladies in Daddy’s computer……

Amen !!!

[img]Sorry, Praying child refuses to upload.

KulabakoKulabako
    Participant

Naye ono yawona omwaana okugenda kussomero neyegayirira abasomesa bebaba bakunganya engoye ezo, naye ndowooza muli yewuunya ekisa kya kitaawe okusobola okukunganya abakazi abo abali obwereere okusobola ye abayambambire

MulongoMulongo
    Participant

worth making the 5 finger prayer a part of our lives.

1. Your thumb is nearest to you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember. To pray for our loved ones is, as C. S. Lewis once said, a “sweet duty.”

2. The next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers.

3. The next finger is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the president, leaders in business and industry, and administrators. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God’s gui dance.

4. The fourth finger is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact that this is our weakest finger, as any piano teacher will testify. It should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain. They need your prayers day and night. You cannot pray too much for them.

5. And lastly comes our little finger – the smallest finger of all which is where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others. As the Bible says, “The least shall be the greatest among you.” Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four groups, your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively.

OmumbejjaOmumbejja
    Participant

On a day i do not recall, I decided to turn turn on CNN around 2:00 am in morning after a hard day of work. I was surprised to see Sadam Hussein coming from a Cave with his Seven Hundred Thousand dollars in cash left underneath. I wondered,and asked myself a question whether this was worth it. I recalled the days he took out his gun and begun shooting in the air, I remembered the Palaces, expensive suits, expensive cuban cigars, his pride, his mocking of the Iraqi people, the artillery and all the fire power he had, the soldiers who always followed his commands to take out anybody who tried to stand in his way, the bullying of the public, the power he had on who should live or die, the maiming and torture of the Kurdish citizens, i remembered the millions and thousands who perished in the jails for no good cause and i remembered the thousands who were threatened and tortured by the barrel of a gun “screaming for dear life”. How does this all end? Saddam walking into the gallows still proclaiming the words “Allah waki bhalu” or God is great. I paused for a moment and asked myself whether he remembered that those people he slaughtered, tortured and killed under his presidency were created in the image and likeness of the almighty God. I think it was too late for the resolute people of Iraq, but i remembered the words from the Book of Ecclesiastes: “A Time for Everything”
    There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under heaven:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,

a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,

a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.

Whatever is has already been,
    and what will be has been before;
    and God will call the past to account. [a]

And I saw something else under the sun:
    In the place of judgment—wickedness was there,
    in the place of justice—wickedness was there.

I thought in my heart,
    “God will bring to judgment
    both the righteous and the wicked,
    for there will be a time for every activity,
    a time for every deed.”

I also thought, “As for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Man’s fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath ; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal [c] goes down into the earth?”

So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot. For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?

Footnotes:
    a.Ecclesiastes 3:15 Or God calls back the past.
    Museveni, Be careful what you do.

Eno esaala eva wa Musajja wa Kabaka Omufumbe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.